What’s leadership got to do with it? in Stockholm, Sweden
We considered leadership from a number of perspectives and guiding questions:
- What are the new questions being asked of leaders today?
- What do we need to understand, identify and cultivate in the next generation of global leaders?
- How would we know a great leader if we saw one?
- What relationships are essential? What are the virtues and downsides of collective leadership?
- How do we distinguish between a ‘flash in the pan’ and an enduring transformative leader?
- What are contexts in which leaders flourish?
- Will their work go to scale or serve as a model or metaphor in other parts of the world?
- How might the qualities that we identify as a jury in the selection process be of value to other potential leaders seeking to make their mark?
- Why do so few political leaders–as opposed to those working in other fields–seem to rise to greatness?