On 13 February the Swedish Postcode Lottery announced the funding it will distribute to its beneficiaries. 40 beneficiaries will share 945 MSEK. The lottery distributes all of its profits to charitable organizations.
Tällberg Foundation receives 10 MSEK from the Swedish Postcode LotteryTällberg Foundation is a new beneficiary of the Swedish Postcode Lottery
Today the Swedish Postcode Lottery announced the funding it will distribute to its beneficiaries. 40 beneficiaries will share 945 MSEK.
The Tällberg Foundation is one of five new beneficiaries this year. The Swedish Postcode Lottery donates its entire profits to charitable
organisations and since the start in 2005 has distributed SEK 2.8 billion SEK.
- We are extremely pleased, said Bo Ekman, founder and chairman of the Tällberg Foundation. We are a small foundation and the money will help us to conduct our activities and further develop our organization.
- We are proud to contribute to the important work the Tällberg Foundation is doing. Every time we choose a new beneficiary, we take a step closer to our vision for a better world for humans, animals and environment, says the Swedish Postcode Lottery Charity Manager Stina Götbrink.The Tällberg Forum is an arena for reflection, conversations and the search for creative solutions
heart of the Tällberg Foundation's activities is the
Tällberg Forum, which annually brings together some 400 decision makers
from around the world to discuss the effects of our increasingly globalized world.
year's Forum, to be held in Tällberg on June 14 to 17, will nudge conversations beyond locked-in
sustainability-focused debates, and expand our awareness of the broader
change, positive and negative, brought by technology and innovation.
This is why we have chosen as our theme "How on earth can we live together? Going beyond our imagination."
invite scientists, business leaders, writers, artists, academics,
leaders from civil society and of course politicians, both
internationally and from Sweden.An injection of ideas
the Tällberg Foundation was founded 32 years ago, more than 5,000
leaders from 120 countries have participated in the conversations. The dialogue contributes to an exchange of ideas between people who otherwise would not meet in the same place at the same time. People then bring their insights back to parliaments, governments, companies and organizations around the world.
Some examples of what participants inspired to do:
About the Tällberg Foundation
- The Global Compact, an initiative where companies adapt their activities
to the UN goals for human rights, labor, environment and
- An energy project for young people in Tanzania with the purpose to create awareness about solar energy lamps.
- The Carbon Principles were established by three major US Banks in
February 2008. They state that before any new power plants, especially
coal, can be financed, due diligence requires examining each case in the
context of new emissions regulations that will likely be forthcoming
within the next five years.
addition to the annual forums, the Tällberg Foundation conducts training,
workshops and seminars, studies and advises change processes. The Foundation is based in Stockholm and Tällberg, and is now one of 40 Swedish beneficiaries in the Swedish Postcode Lottery.For more information, contact:
Bo Ekman, founder and chairman, Tällberg Foundation, 08-440 56 28
Stina Götbrink, charity director at the Swedish Postcode Lottery, 08-562488 00
Additional Tällberg Foundation contributors 2012 (Feb 2012):